- Wheelbase extension as compensation measure for weight loss due to the amputated leg(s) (support castors may be sufficient in some cases).
- Individual adaptability of the driving characteristics to the available strength and mobility reserves (age and disability related)
- Adaptable lower backrest height for maximum arm use.
- Hinged anti-tilt bars, especially for recent amputation.
- A stump support may be necessary if applicable.
- An anti-decubitus cushion may potentially be necessary.
- Mobility by car through easy folding/unfolding, little weight and easy loading of the wheelchair.